Tuesday, February 17, 2009

One More Hurdle

Well, after making it through all the headaches to be re-fingerprinted (since our fingerprints expired on 2/14/09) last week, we have run into one more hurdle. The Department of Homeland Security in Nashville expedited our fingerprinting appointment and let us go to Nashville instead. This was last Wednesday. They processed our fingerprints and sent them by overnight mail to the NVC, National Visa Center, on Friday. So I called the NVC first thing this morning. I got no where. They also said they had not recieved the package.
I immediately turned around and call Senator Corker's office again. My contact there was very helpful last week. She got on the phone with DHS to confirm they sent our fingerprints. She then used a congressional inquiry line to contact the NVC. She left a message and hopes to hear something in the morning. To explain more, NVC is responsible for sending our fingerprints over to the consolate in Ethiopa. I have heard that on some occasions the NVC will email the file. However, their status quo is to simply mail it. Our fingerprints have to be in Ethiopia by Thursday. I just hope and pray that we can push this through. If this works, Senator Corker has my vote from here on out! More later

No comments:

Post a Comment